Recently a number of scientific teams have been exploring the Great Pyramid – is a search for the Ark of the Covenant next?
Using equipment that detects sub-atomic particles called ‘muons’, spaces in rock can be detected. Interest in the Great Pyramid has always been strong, especially after the surge of interest with the discovery of King Tutankhamen’s tomb in 1915.
Is a more thorough investigation of the Temple Mount next?
The Perfect Tool
Almost 10,000 muons reach a square meter of the earth’s surface every minute. They are the sub-atomic byproducts of photons of light colliding with our atmosphere’s atomic matter. Of great interest is that, though essentially harmless to humans, muons do penetrate deep into rock. As their strikes can be recorded, they can show a pattern of density, thus revealing any cavities in solid rock!
In the late 1980’s, the Temple Mount Faithful group organized a search under the Temple Mount, using a less effective technique. An agent of the late Shimon Peres, a secular politician, quickly interrupted the attempt.
Finding the Ark of the Covenant would, of course, be an enormous boost to their plans to rebuild the temple. An undiscovered pharaoh’s grave is one thing; an object designed by God Himself, as part of His plan to manifest His glory, is quite another.
All Eyes on Jerusalem
The geopolitical ramifications of such a find would be immense. By that I mean, it will be a real shakeup for every group with an interest in controlling the Temple Mount and also every power working for world dominance. The Muslim Waqf religious authority over the Temple Mount (not the Western Wall) has caused much archaeological destruction. They have continued to excavate under large portions of the structure, deliberately destroying evidence of the first and second temples. (It’s not just ISIS that destroys.)
But the new technology with muons could still find any other chambers where the Ark of the Covenant might be hidden. A rebuilt temple during the Tribulation with the real Ark of the Covenant would be of far greater significance to the world than a temple containing a replica of the ark. With plans for a new temple complete, and perhaps the real Ark of the Covenant soon to be found, it must be getting close to the Rapture.
Prophesied New Temple
In the book of Matthew, the Lord foretold that the Antichrist would defile a future temple. So a new temple will be built. The fact that a number of organizations have made preparations for the new temple’s construction also indicates that the Rapture is close.
Treasure Within You?
How about your secret treasure, Christ within you? Someone obeyed the Lord Jesus Christ and gave you the gospel message and an opportunity to be saved. Won’t you please your Lord and do the same for others?
The Rapture will happen in a split second – no chance to share the gospel at that point! No more opportunity to help save loved ones and individuals who could have been saved from Hell.
We’ll then be with the Lord Jesus forever. Nothing could be better, but then there will be no chance to earn any more reward. So, perhaps, nothing could be better than meeting with your Lord, knowing that you have done your very best, keeping yourself pure and as available as possible to help to save souls. And, of course, the very people you help to save will be there to meet you!
Pastor Aaron ,
Prophecy for Youth Ministry
1. Ark Replica – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/legalcode Mary Harrsch on Flickr Steven Spielberg’s incarnation of the Ark of the Covenant from the feature film “Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Photographed at the “Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology” exhibit at the National Geographic Museum in Washington D.C.
2. The Great Pyramid of Giza – By kallerna (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
3. Muon – By http://hepweb.rl.ac.uk/ppUKpics/POW/pr_990602.html, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1819175 An image of the shadow of the Moon in muons as produced by the 700m subterranean Soudan 2 detector in the Soudan Mine in Minnesota.
4. Western Wall Jerusalem – amanderson2 – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode
5. Ark of the Covenant Replica Front View
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/ by Mary Harrsch on Flickr – Steven Spielberg’s incarnation of the Ark of the Covenant from the feature film “Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark”; Photographed at the “Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology” exhibit at the National Geographic Museum in Washington D.C.